Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Boy Who Cried Wolf...

We've had a bit of a rough start to the year. I mentioned in my first post that Jared had hives.... well he ended up in Urgent Care that Sunday afternoon and had to get a steroid shot and pills. Poor Guy. I would post a picture..yes we took some for posterity's sake.. but I don't think he would appreciate that very much. I'll just say this: His earlobes and lips and eyelids even had them. He was so swollen and miserable. Thankfully the medicine kicked in and he started to heal quickly. I'm happy to report that he's back to normal.

My uncle passed away almost two weeks ago. It was expected, but it was still sad. He was a really funny, awesome, great man who lived a good life. He was 67 and lived in Price, Utah his entire life. He was loved by that entire town. We got to visit him a few times in 2011 and I'm grateful he got to meet our kids.

Since we were going out to Utah for Murry's funeral, we decided to make a trip out of it and visit some friends and family for the weekend. We always feel bad that we can't see everyone we would like to see when we visit.... There is never enough time. We always enjoy visiting with everyone we get to see. Thanks for making time for us.

Unfortunately, Mikayla picked up a mean little bug on our trip. We got home Sunday night and Monday morning she was covered in throw-up. Tuesday night she was still throwing up, Wednesday was even worse. Because she was sick, I spent a lot of time holding and loving on her. I think it made Carson a tad jealous because he kept saying "Momma, Carson sick." He wanted me to hold and love on him too.. which I did whenever Mikayla was napping.

So, last night things started looking up. She kept down her dinner and slept good. Carson hadn't shown any signs of being sick. He's been playing like normal, went swimming last night and had a ball. Today, I thought we were on the up and up. So we ventured out to the mall. He played at the little play land there and ate a Happy Meal for lunch. He seemed completely normal and healthy. On the drive home he kept saying "Mamma, Carson sick." And since he's been saying that same phrase since Monday, I didn't think anything of it. But, just as we pulled into our neighborhood and drove past the park behind our house, he said it one more time and then threw up all over his new booster seat, his clothes and the car. Ugh. I'm so sick of cleaning up puke. Jared had class tonight, so I didn't have any help.



The boy who cried wolf... on the way to the mall. Doesn't look sick, right?


I hate having sick kids. It breaks my heart to see them suffering. Holding their little bodies while they throw up is seriously one of the saddest things. I can only imagine what it must feel like to have a child with more serious conditions. This has become one of my favorite quotes:(sorry I don't know who said it)

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."

So true. I think I've learned more about what life is all about and what love really is in the last three years than in my entire life before motherhood. I am blessed and I'm so grateful for the chance I've been given to love these little ones.



Mikayla in her "big girl" seat.... her first ride today.

No comments:

Post a Comment